Support Our Work & Get a Box of Gifts From Houston Restaurants!
Update: the first Goodie Box is entirely gone, but you can email us to be notified about the second one, which will be released in August. The price is $49, and the value will be approximately $150.
There seems to be subscription boxes for everything these days, but we thought our readers would be most excited about that one that focuses on food, drink and a wealth of other goodies from Houston restaurants and other small businesses. So, we’re happy to debut the Houston Food Finder Goodie Box. Only 25 of these boxes are being made, and there are only
14 9 0 left.
Houston Food Finder has some wonderful business sponsors, but like many other journalistic endeavors these days, our publication owes a whole lot of its existence to its supporting readers, too. It’s one of the important ways that we’re able to pay our writers, editors, social media assistants, graphic designer, website developer, etc. To that end, these boxes are only being offered to readers who are substantially supporting our work.
So, what’s in the box? Here are just a few teases:
- A beautiful, hardcover cookbook by a notable Houston author
- Restaurant gift cards
- A full-sized jar of spice rub developed by a top Houston chef
- Gourmet salt
- A jar of spicy sauce that we absolutely love
- Become a monthly supporter of our work via Patreon. Visit the page and select one of the Swag Packs for $31 per month. (Yes, this means in addition to the goodie box, you get Houston Food Finder swag automatically delivered to you once per quarter for a year.) Cancel at anytime (but we hope you will hang in there with us for a few months, at least).
- Okay, we know some people don’t need another T-shirt. So, you can also visit Patreon and select just the goodie box by itself for $31 support per month. Cancel anytime.
- Provide one-time support of $150 via PayPal
- Provide one-time support and buy the box for $150 via Facebook.
If these sell out, you can bet there will be another one in a few months — and it will be first offered to our best supporting readers. Thanks so much in advance for your support, and we hope you love the box!
Also, we greatly appreciate these sponsors that have already committed items to the mystery boxes:
- Greenway Coffee
- Harold’s Restaurant
- Houston Cider Co.
- TRIBUTE at The Houstonian
- LMN Hospitality
- Lisa C. Benoit, Realtor
- Pantry By Nature
- Phat Eatery
Houston-area restaurant and other small business owners that would like to contribute items to the box and provide in-kind support to our work should email us. Because there are already a few bulky items, we recommend sending smaller items, such as gift cards, certificates or samples. It’s a great way to get your brand into the hands of some of the most passionate patrons of Houston’s food and beverage scene.
Phaedra Cook has written about Houston’s restaurant and bar scene since 2010. She was a regular contributor to My Table magazine (now closed) and was the lead restaurant critic for the Houston Press for two years, eventually being promoted to food editor. Cook founded Houston Food Finder in November 2016 and has been its editor and publisher ever since.