Dine With Us! Join Houston Food Finder At Rainbow Lodge For Houston Restaurant Weeks!
It’s been several months since we’ve hosted a Houston Food Finder reader dinner, so what better time than during Houston Restaurant Weeks? Support a good cause and join us at our sponsor Rainbow Lodge located at 2011 Ella for a $45 dinner (plus tax, tip and gratuity) on Thursday, August 10 at 7 p.m.
How to reserve: you must call Rainbow Lodge at (713) 861-8666 and secure your spot with a credit card. Mention that you are reserving for the Houston Food Finder reader dinner. We only have 20 spots available—first come, first served!
Our combined attendance will generate a $140 donation to the Houston Food Bank. From there, the Houston Food Bank will somehow work their magic and provide 420 meals to Houstonians who are going through a hard time right now.
Houston Food Finder readers who attend will also receive a surprise gift from Rainbow Lodge! (We know what is, it’s awesome and we’re not telling. You’ll have to dine with us to find out.)
Rainbow Lodge, housed in a huge log cabin, has long been known as one of Houston’s most beautiful restaurants. It is the setting of many romantic dates, not to mention weddings and receptions held on the expansive, impeccably landscaped grounds.
Create your own three-course Houston Restaurant Weeks dinner from the following options:
- The Lodge’s Smoked Duck And Andouille Sausage Gumbo with Wild Rice Pilaf
- Leafy Lettuces And Summer Peach Salad with Fennel & Feta, Tomato, Black Pepper Granola and Garden Basil Dressing (gluten free and vegetarian)
- Southern Fried Rabbit Loin with Sweet Potato Mash And Bourbon Bacon Gravy
- Pan Seared Gulf Red Snapper With Buttered Lump Crab (gluten free), North African Spiced Tomato & Okra Stew
- Seared And Sliced Eight-Ounce Duck Breast, Stone Ground Grits And Creamed Corn Pudding, Braised Farm Greens And Steen’s Cane Syrup Demiglace (gluten free)
- Parisian Style Gnocchi with Grilled Eggplant, Charred Red Onion, Goat Cheese, Espelette And Rainbow Lodge Garden Oregano (vegetarian)
- Grilled Six-Ounce Buffalo Hanger Steak And Fried Gulf Oysters with New Potato, Peppered Bacon And Summer Squash Hash
- Lemon Ice Box Pie made with a Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust, Boozy Blueberries (gluten free)
- Chocolate Mousse Terrine with Peaches, Sugared Kumquats And Nuts
- Warm Croissant Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce, Vanilla Ice Cream
Beverages are not included, but wine lovers should rest assured that longtime sommelier and Rainbow Lodge beverage director Marc Borel and his staff will be able to guide us to some great and reasonably priced selections.
We look forward to dining with our readers at one of Houston’s best restaurants!