Houston Food Finder is seeking a contract Sponsored Content Manager to fulfill a part-time but very important role — taking excellent care of our advertisers, who we view not just as business partners, but as part of our team. This role is flexible and hourly, and usually requires eight to twelve hours per month. While some work can be performed nights or weekends, some daytime availability is required, even if only early in the morning or over a lunch break.
The Sponsored Content Manager is responsible for:
- Keeping track of client deliverables in Asana (online project management tool) and ensuring we deliver on time.
- Writing sponsored content, including social media posts, sponsored articles and newsletter ads.
- Communicating with our Social Media Manager and directing paid boosts on Facebook and Instagram.
- Creating our newsletter in Constant Contact and emailing it to our subscribers once approved.
- Assist in creating metrics reports for our clients.
Excellent writing skill, a team-player mentality and the ability to create persuasive but honest content is required, as is professional communication via email, text messages and private social media messages. Knowledge of how to do paid social media promotions on Facebook and Instagram is a plus. The role also offers opportunities on our editorial side. Use this form to send your letter of interest, and be prepared to submit a résumé and professional references upon request.
Updated requirements: Because writing is important to this role, candidates should have professional writing examples, ideally copy for marketing purposes. Social media writing examples to promote clients or your own services are welcome. If you do not have those types of writing samples, we will consider writing-for-hire examples for any field. Additionally, we prefer candidates who are in the Greater Houston area and are familiar with the dining scene.