Bollo Woodfired Pizza Is Giving Five $1000 Grants To Houston Families In Need
Updated 9/11/17, 5:43 p.m.: the nomination period has ended. We’ll announce those selected here when the decisions have been made.
Ray Salti of Bollo Woodfired Pizza is splitting $5,000 of sales from last week into five $1,000 grants. Those will be distributed to selected families in the Greater Houston area recovering from the devastation caused by Hurricane Harvey.
Houston Food Finder is helping by getting the word out and will also receive nominations on Salti’s behalf.
Please nominate a family in need by emailing [email protected]. Let us know how $1,000 would help get the family back to a secure situation.
- Describe the need in 500 words or less.
- Let us know what area the family lives in.
- Nominees should live within 20 miles of Bollo Woodfired Pizza, located at 2202 West Alabama, Houston, Texas, 77098. (Check Google Maps to see whether the nominee is within the eligible area.) The aim is to help residents in the immediate area.
- Self-nominations are accepted, but note that we are looking for families, not individuals or businesses.
- Nominees may be asked to provide supporting documentation of the need. Please do not supply unless it is requested.
Consideration is strictly based on need as well as whether the grant can be effectively used toward solving a situation that will enable the family to become self-sustaining again.
All nominations must be received no later than 5 p.m. Central Time on Monday, September 11. Recipients will be notified the following day and arrangements to get the grant money to them will be made by a Bollo Woodfired Pizza representative at that time.
Disclaimer: Grant funding and distribution is administered entirely by Bollo Woodfired Pizza. Houston Food Finder may assist with selecting the recipients but bears no liability or responsibility whatsoever. Houston Food Finder is not funding the grant or distributing it to the selected recipients.